Top – Lily White | Bottom – Sans Souci | Shoes – MIA Girl | Handbag – Coach | Necklace – TopShop | Earrings – H&M | Sunglasses – Target
How do you wear a bad hair day?
My go-to hairstyle when I don’t feel like dealing with my mane is the top knot. I love this look because sometimes it’ll come out messy, which is great for when you’re trying for a more casual look. On the other hand, if you sleek it back and tease appropriately, you are chic and looking bossy. I generally prefer the latter of the two, but my hairstyle and all of its layers just doesn’t let that sleek look live on. Since everyone’s top knot routine varies, I’ll share mine here:
- Tease the top of your head as much as you see fit for the emphasis and boldness you’re going for. Personally, I find that I need to do a lot of teasing because my hair naturally lays pretty flat and very straight.
- Grab all of your hair and put it into a very high ponytail.
- Once tied, take the tail and wrap it around itself. It’ll look somewhat like a sock bun or donut, but probably a little messier with more fly-aways. Then, hold it in place!
- After you find the perfect “donut” look for your bun, take another ponytail and wrap it around the wrapped bundle that you are holding onto. This part can definitely be very tricky, especially if you have layers. I find myself spending the most time on this because layers just do not cooperate.
- Pin down any loose pieces of hair into the bun.
“Own that up-do!”