|Four 4×4 White Tiles||$0.17/ea. –Lowe’s|
|Four Pictures, 4×4 or larger||$0.29/ea. — CVS Photo Center (Owned)|
|Clear Gloss Mod Podge||$5.50 — Michael’s|
|Paint Brush||$1.80 — Michael’s (Owned)|
|Old T-Shirt (or any fabric)||Free!|
|Hot Glue||$3.00 (Owned)|
|Clear Acrylic Sealer (Not Pictured)||$4.00 — Michael’s (Owned)|
1. Cut or crop your photos to 4×4.
2. Apply Mod Podge to the center of your tile, it’s okay to apply it on the entire tile, it will dry clear! Just be careful, it will be sticky!
3. Carefully center and place down your picture. Tip: You can use a credit card to ensure a flat placement, but I didn’t need to.
4. Flip over your tile and cut fabric large enough to fit the back. This fabric will take away the harsh texture from scratching your tables and allow a soft grip.
5. Hot glue your fabric to the back of the tile. Don’t forget to cut off any fabric that falls over the edges.
6. Apply two coats of Mod Podge on the front your tile. I suggest one horizontal coat and one vertical coat. Wait 10-15 minutes between coats!!
7. (Not Pictured) After your last coat has finished drying, spray on a layer on clear acrylic spray. This will eliminate any excess tackiness from the Mod Podge. (I forgot to include this step when I shot my pictorial. Oops!)
This DIY is my first of many college/apartment essentials! Coasters are so cute, especially once you’ve personalized them! I made this set of coasters as a gift to a very talented friend. In lieu of using random pictures, I chose from her beautiful collection of photography. It turned out perfect with such vivid colors and uniqueness. My hope with this gift was to show a little love and insight on how I got inspired to channel my artsy and creative side.
Coasters are truly the perfect gift if you don’t want to break the bank and are in college — me! It’s a great way to help make yours, or someone else’s, dorm/apartment feel homey. I’m starting to DIY a lot of the gifts that I give to people because it’s much more affordable, and the time, effort, and thought that gets put into each gift is more meaningful than anything store bought. I’m in love with how this turned out! Stay tuned for another DIY next week! ♡
Click on the title to leave a comment!